THE WINDOW FOR SUBMITTING PUBLISHED AND UNPUBLISHED WORKS IS CURRENTLY CLOSED.
FORMS ARE AVAILABLE ONLY DURING THE SUBMISSION WINDOW – 10/1/19 thru 12/31/19.
- Entry fee for each Unpublished Novel/Novels for Children/Memoir submission is $45.00.
- Entry fee for each Unpublished Short Story/Poetry Chapbook submission is $25.00.
Please Note: The unpublished competition is open only to writers who have never:
……**published a full-length novel in that genre (if entering the novel/novel for children competition)
…….**published a memoir (if entering the memoir competition).
- Entry fee for each Published submission is $45.00.
WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED JUNE 15, 2020
ALL SUBMISSIONS MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING OPTIONS
* Self-addressed stamped envelope large enough (and with sufficient postage) for return of judges’ comments. A #10 should be fine, but entrants may want to send a 8 1/2 X 11 manila envelope to make sure the documents fit.
* Self-addressed stamped postcard for us to send you verifying we received your entry.
* Mail to: San Diego Book Awards, PO Box 6487, Oceanside, CA 92052-6487
All unpublished entries, entry forms, and entry fees must be postmarked by the deadline
Entries postmarked after that date WILL NOT BE JUDGED
for that year’s contest,
and may not be returned.